One of the best surf spots in the world, Bali is a great place to learn how to surf. You can find beginner-friendly waves and fantastic instructors who are trained to teach you. However, before you go on your first lesson, there are a few things you should know. Check out this article from Surf Paradise Bali and learn what lessons are like so that you can enjoy your time in Bali!
5 things you will need to learn to surf in Bali
In order to surf in Bali, you will need a few things.
- First off, you will need a surfboard. Your Surf Paradise Bali instructor will provide one for you for your lesson. If it’s your first lesson, we’ll use a big foam surfboard that is really user friendly. If you’ve already had some surfing experience, we may put you on a hardboard, depending on your level.
- The water in Bali is usually quite warm so you won’t need a wetsuit, but you will need a swimsuit or boardshorts that are secure enough to handle some waves! We will provide you with a rash vest, which will be more comfortable on the board and help keep the sun off.
- One thing you definitely will need is some sunscreen. The sun in Bali is very strong, so it is important to protect your skin.
- You will also need a towel. A towel will help you dry off after surfing and prevent you from getting sunburned.
- Bring water to drink before and after your Bali surf lesson. Learning to surf in Bali takes energy and fitness, so you’ll need to make sure you stay hydrated.
If you have all of these things, then you are ready to take a surf lesson in Bali!
How to book a surf lesson in Bali
When you’re trying to learn to surf in Bali, the first thing you need to do is book a surf lesson. You can do this easily by sending us an email or message on WhatsApp.
Once you’ve booked your Bali surf lesson, there are a few things to keep in mind. We will pick you up from your hotel, so make sure you are ready to leave on time.
What to do with your belongings
When you take a surfing lesson in Bali, there are a few things to remember in terms of your belongings. First, you’ll want to make sure that you leave anything valuable back at your hotel or villa. This includes things like jewellery, watches, and laptops. There’s no need to bring these items with you to the beach, as they could easily get lost or stolen. Instead, just focus on bringing the essentials: sunscreen, a towel, water, your phone, and a change of clothes if you plan on staying at the beach for a while after your lesson.
Your Surf Paradise Bali instructor will make sure your belongings are kept in a safe place while you’re in the water.
Who to ask for help if you get stuck in the water
If you find yourself in trouble while surfing in Bali, the first person you should ask for help is your surf instructor. They are trained to deal with situations like this and will be able to help you get back to shore safely.
Safety precautions to take on your beginner surf lesson in Bali
Make sure you listen to your instructor and follow their instructions. They will be able to teach you the proper techniques for surfing safely. They will tell you of anything you need to be aware of, such as the direction of the current.
Finally, don’t be afraid to fall. It’s part of the learning process and you’ll get back up and try again.
Get in touch with us today to book your lesson.